Freshwater Pearl Cleft Drop Earrings are handmade in .935 Artgentium Sterling Silver. They are available in Artgentium and 14k gold filled. Wire is 16 gauge. Artgentium is tarnish resistant.
Length- 40mm x10mm at the widest part. 14k gold is available upon request.
Freshwater Pearl Cleft Drop Earrings
Freshwater pearls are found in mussels called Unio. Pearls are a response of the mollusk to an irritating foreign material in its shell. Pearls are believed to signify faith, charity and innocence. They are supposed to enhance integrity and help to focus your attention. Powdered pearls are used to treat digestive disorders and increase fertility. The pearl is June's birthstone.
Argentium silver is a brand of modern tarnish-resistant silver alloys, containing either 93.5% or 96% silver. Argentium alloys replace some of the copper in the traditional sterling silver alloy (92.5% silver + 7.5% copper) with the metalloid germanium. For more information -https://www.argentiumsilver.com
Even the best-cared-for jewelry will sometimes require cleaning. Polishing your sterling silver jewelry will typically be the best way to clean it. Be sure to do the following:
- Use a special non-abrasive cloth to avoid scratching.
- Move to a new section of the cloth regularly.
- Use Wrights silver cleaner or a similar cleaner for the metal
- Do not rub in a circular pattern - follow the grain of the silver.
- No hairspray or perfume on your pearl. Pearls are porous it will peel the nacre off.
- Use Dawn or a similar grease relief soap to clean gemstones.